Baking & Desserts Recipes

White Chocolate & Cadbury Creme Egg Tart

27th March 2015

This year I thought I would jump on the band wagon and have a go at some Easter baking. Cadbury Creme Egg Bakes of one sort or another are all the rage at the moment so I thought I would have a go at one myself. My first experiment ended up rather badly with gooey chocolate creme egg mess all over the kitchen, but this one was rather better. A simple white chocolate ganache tart dotted with Cadbury Creme Eggs. A real sweet treat! It didn’t occur to me at the time, but a fellow blogging friend with an eye for presentation suggested it might be nice to pipe seem creme egg filling across the tart so you might like to have a go at this too – thanks Emily!

There are lots of creme egg recipes out there at the moment in the blogosphere – and lots of posts linking them all, so get googling if you fancy creme egg twists on bakewell tarts, millionaires shortbread, cheesecake and much much more!

For the pastry

• 1 egg
  • 250g plain flour
  • 125g salted butter (in cubes)
  • cold water

For the filling

• 300g white chocolate
  • 75ml cream
  • 5-6 mini creme eggs, fridge cold then split in half lengthways
  • 1 large creme egg (optional – for the middle of the tart)

1. First, make the pastry as it needs to chill. Put the flour and butter in a large bowl and swiftly rub in until the mixture resembles fine crumbs
  2. Beat the egg then add to the mixture with a teaspoon of water. Bring together with your hands, you may need to add a little touch more water. Wrap in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for 30minutes
  3. Preheat the oven to 180 ÂşC and roll out the chilled pastry and mould into a 23cm loose bottomed fluted flan tin. Blind Bake – line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans and bake for 15mins. Remove the parchment and lining and bake for a further 12-15mins.
  4. Leave to cool completely. In the meantime make the ganache; gently heat the cream until it is just so hot you can’t leave your finger in the cream, then add the chocolate bit by bit, stirring until it is melted. Remove from the heat.

5. Pour the ganache into the cooled pastry case. Dot around the the halved creme eggs, filling side up, with a large creme egg whole in the centre if you wish. Leave to set and then serve!

Happy eating 🙂

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply tenminutesspare 27th March 2015 at 12:07

This looks amazing! I do have a bit of a weakness for creme eggs… Love all the baking inspiration at this time of year.

• Reply fashionmommywm 27th March 2015 at 16:56

Oh Roz – that does look fantastic. I think it could only be improved upon if you could persuade Cadbury’s to go back to the old Cream Egg recipe!

• Reply fashionmommywm 27th March 2015 at 16:56

• Reply Sophie 27th March 2015 at 17:12

Oh my goodness this looks AMAZING! Yum, yum.

• Reply andydhare 27th March 2015 at 21:09

That looks beautiful Roz, wow, really stunning. Fantastic ??

• Reply Indra (@BeautylandUk) 29th March 2015 at 00:19

Oh wow this sounds amazing! I might just have to dig out the baking stuff and give this baby a whirl next weekend!

• Reply Julie's Family Kitchen 29th March 2015 at 08:55

Oh wow Roz, a super indulgent Easter treat. Love it.

• Reply Mini Egg Cheesecakes | 4th April 2015 at 09:14

[…] firmly on the baking bandwagon this Easter, first up was a Creme Egg & White Chocolate Tart and now Mini Cheesecakes made with Mini Eggs! This one is rolling in just in time for some last […]

• Reply Fiver Feeds 7th April 2015 at 00:25

What an amazing tart!

• Reply Creme Egg Chocolate Mug Cake - My Fussy Eater 13th February 2016 at 12:35

[…] White Chocolate Creme Egg Tart from The Foodie Couple […]

• Reply Crème Egg Peanut Butter And Nutella Cake With A Nutella Icing - Recipes From A Pantry 15th February 2016 at 10:01

[…] Egg Chocolate mug cake from My Fussy Eater, Creme Egg choclate ganache tart from BakingQueen74, white chocolate and Cardbury Creme Egg tart from the Foodie Couple Blog and the Creme Egg meringue nests from  Emily’s Recipes and […]

• Reply Creme Egg Stuffed Chocolate Cookies - 20th February 2016 at 19:02