Recipes Starters, Sides, Salads & Soups

Maple, Vanilla & Pecan Overnight Oats

18th August 2015
overnight oats

Overnight oats seem to be a big thing at the moment. Their biggest plus point is that they are so quick and simple to make and pretty healthy, although you can easily make them not so depending on what you add (i.e.. the nutella version I made a few weeks ago that may or may not appear on the blog at some point!)

Over the last few months I’ve made a few variations depending on what I fancied but my favourite is this one.

overnight oats

Serves 2

• 150g rolled oats
  • 200ml semi skimmed or almond milk
  • 3 tbsp natural greek yoghurt
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
  • 2 tbsp pecan nuts
  • handful of mixed seeds and fresh fruit of your choice

1. Mix together the oats, milk, yoghurt, vanilla and maple syrup. Split between your 2 bowls, cover and leave int he fridge overnight!
  2. The next morning take from fridge, top with nuts and scatter with a few seeds and some fresh fruit. Eat!

Happy eating 🙂

Maple Vanilla and Pecan Overnight Oats

If you’re keen to try overnight oats yourself there are some other great flavour combos from some other bloggers inlcuding:

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply Emily 18th August 2015 at 11:12

What a glorious flavour combination. Lovely bowl too. Thanks for including my recipe xx

• Reply nadiashealthykitchen 18th August 2015 at 11:48

I depend on overnight oats so much! They’re so convenient and versatile. There is an endless list of possible combinations so you never feel bored 😉 Thank you for linking to my banana PB overnight oats recipe Roz 😀

• Reply Margot⚓C&V (@coffeenvanilla) 18th August 2015 at 12:36

Oh, that looks delicious!! Maple & pecan are such a great flavours combo 🙂

• Reply Margot⚓C&V (@coffeenvanilla) 18th August 2015 at 12:37

Almost forgot, thank you for mentioning my overnight oats as well.

• Reply munchiesandmunchkins (@WritingForFun) 18th August 2015 at 14:04

I’ve never tried overnight oats. I think I need to though, love the maple/pecan combo.

• Reply Made With Pink (@Made_With_Pink) 18th August 2015 at 19:29

These look delicious. I love overnight oats, especially topped with those gorgeous fresh berries.

• Reply Joanna 19th August 2015 at 12:50

Sounds like my kind of breakfast! Delicious!

• Reply sarah 20th August 2015 at 00:28

Just love overnight oats – yours sound wonderful with the maple and pecan. Pinned. 🙂