Recipes Starters, Sides, Salads & Soups

Lemon & Herb Parmentier Potatoes

9th June 2016

For the past year or so I have been using Pomora Olive Oil since discovering them at the BBC Good Food Show. They import really great quality olive oil and I love cooking with it, particularly the flavoured ones. I’ve previously brought you a few recipes using there oils such as this Salt and Pepper Cod with a Hot and Spicy Salad or this Bruschetta with their Basil Oil. I’ve more recently been trying their lemon oil, as well as the rosemary. I’ve not seen rosemary oil before so this is lovely thing to try. When you pour the rosemary oil you can see the actual flecks of rosemary in it too.

Lemon&Herb Parmentier Potatoes

This simple recipe for Lemon & Herb Parmentier potatoes is a great accompaniment to lots of dishes such as a roasted chicken, as a side dish for a BBQ or even with a piece of pan fried fish.

Serves 2-3

• About 10  medium sized roasting potatoes
  • 3 tbsp rosemary oil
  • 2 tbsp lemon oil
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dired oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • small handful fresh parsley , chopped

• Peel the potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes
  • Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes
  • Drain the potatoes and leave to the side

• Put all the oil in a shallow roasting tray and into the over at 200 deg C for 5 mins, when the oil is hot add in the drained potatoes, sprinkle with the herbs and paprika cook in the oven for about 40 minutes, tossing several times in between until golden and crispy

Happy Eating 🙂

If you’re looking for more lovely potato side dishes try these:

Disclosure: The samples of Pomoro Olive Oil were free of charge, no other payment was received.

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply fabfood4all 9th June 2016 at 12:31

Utterly delicious potatoes, my family would love these:-) Thanks for linking to my post:-)

• Reply munchiesandmunchkins 9th June 2016 at 12:33

Ooh these look delicious Roz! The rosemary oil sounds amazing – I am really into flavoured oils at the moment and I find rosemary works so well with potatoes.

• Reply the foodie couple 9th June 2016 at 12:57

totally – i can find rosemary quite an overpowering herb, but with potatoes or ,am its just a winner!

• Reply Monika @ MY FOOD & HAPPINESS 9th June 2016 at 12:49

I am a potato lover, always up for a new potato recipe. I have never tried rosemary oil, sounds like it can add a great herb flavour. I bought lemon and orange olive oil from Greece and I love adding them to salads, never thought of adding lemon oil to potatoes but I will be definitely trying it!

• Reply the foodie couple 9th June 2016 at 12:57

yes lemon oil and potatoes was a first for me too but just gives a touch of subtle flavoured that i loved!

• Reply lovelyappetite 9th June 2016 at 12:59

I Lovvvvve parmentier potatoes! These look perfect! I’m a sucker for the M&S ones, but these look even better!! *drools*

• Reply Nayna Kanabar (@citrusspiceuk) 9th June 2016 at 16:46

These look divine and I could just eat a bowl full on its own never mind adding anything else to the meal.

• Reply Birmingham Tree Surgeons 12th June 2016 at 18:24

Going to have to try this it looks amazing, thanks for sharing

Birmingham Tree Surgeons