Overnight oats seem to be a big thing at the moment. Their biggest plus point is that they are so quick and simple to make and pretty healthy, although you can easily make them not so depending on what you add (i.e.. the nutella version I made a few weeks ago that may or may not appear on the blog at some point!)
Over the last few months I’ve made a few variations depending on what I fancied but my favourite is this one.
These oats are also fantastic for adding a bit of a boost to start your day, just add a sprinkle of Chia seeds, cacao nibs, acai or more! You can find great discounts on protein powders over on Groupon and much much more too!
- 150g rolled oats
- 200ml semi skimmed or almond milk
- 3 tbsp natural greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
- 2 tbsp pecan nuts
- handful of mixed seeds and fresh fruit of your choice
- Mix together the oats, milk, yoghurt, vanilla and maple syrup. Split between your 2 bowls, cover and leave int he fridge overnight!
- The next morning take from fridge, top with nuts and scatter with a few seeds and some fresh fruit.
Happy eating 🙂
If you’re keen to try overnight oats yourself there are some other great flavour combos from some other bloggers inlcuding: